Monday, August 4, 2014

Dear Friend

Dear,

You were nobody. I was nobody. Our existence was irrelevant. I didn't matter. You didn't care. I didn't care that you didn't matter. 

But as life would have it, something changed. We shared a meal, a smile, a joke and a nod. All it takes is a quick glance and a glimmer of acknowledgment. Are you sure we've never met before?

Dear Friend,

I laughed, you cried, we traded stories. I think I know you, you really think you know me. I'm confident around you, you're comfortable around me. Differences? They don't exist in our world. 

It's just that one thing, you see...well, no. It's irrelevant. Insignificant! It doesn't bother you. Well, it really doesn't upset me. 

Dearest Friend, 

I did this. You said that. How can I think this way? Why are you acting like that? What's wrong with me? It has to be you. No, it's definitely me. 

I will never change. You'll always stay the same. Change is inevitable. Roll with the punches. That's not a scar, it's just a bruise. Time is the best healer.

Dear Friend,


We made up. We broke up. We built bridges, we demolished connections. I'm not sad. You're not mad. I shared my meal, you shared your joke. Should I share my laugh? Will you show me your tear?

I do care for you. You are fond of me. I won't forget what you did for me. You'll always remember when I was there for you. I'll help you remember. You will try to remind me. Today won't work. Oh, you're busy next week? Don't worry, I'm not. There's always tomorrow.

Dear,

I smile. You nod. We share a joke, remembering that meal. I am reminiscent. Are you nostalgic?


How is your mom? My dad is fine. No, I haven't met your friend before. Have you met mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment